Exercises are a set of instructions to follow in your practice org (see Getting Started – Free if you do not have a practice org). The goal is to quickly introduce how to complete tasks or perform configuration.
This exercise makes the assumption that you have not already created other test users in your environment. If you have created other users, you may need to deactivate them before continuing.
In this exercise you will create a user in your test environment.
- First, verify that you have the available licenses (Setup –> Company Profile –> Company Information). You should have 1 Salesforce user license available (if using developer edition).
- Navigate to Setup –> Manage Users –>Users, click New User.
- Name the user “James Smith”.
- Select the Salesforce license type.
- Select the Standard User profile.
- Select the role “Western Sales Team” (if this does not exist in your org, choose a role arbitrarily).
- For email address, enter your email address.
- Enter a fictitious username, formatted as an email address (e.g. email@example.com).
- Click Save.
- You receive an email from Salesforce with login instructions for your test user.