What is campaign influence?
Campaign influence allows you to associate one opportunity to multiple campaigns:
- An opportunity can have only one primary campaign.
- Only the primary campaign influences campaign rollup summary fields on the related campaign.
In short, campaign influence will allow you to display and report on an opportunity’s relationship with multiple campaigns, but the opportunity is only attributed to a single campaign for rollup summary and ROI calculations.
How can I use campaign influence in my organization?
Simply add the campaign influence related list to the appropriate opportunity page layout(s).
What is automatic campaign association?
When a contact role is added to an opportunity, automatic campaign association will add that contact’s campaigns to the campaign influence related list on the opportunity.
Campaign Influence Demo
[Should / 1m / Salesforce.com]
In order for automatic campaign influence to work, the following must be true:
- Required: Campaign influence must be enabled (Step 1 in the screenshot below).
- Optional: The contact role must be added within the campaign influence time frame (Step 2 in the screenshot below). As shown, no restriction is applied.
- Optional: The campaign must meet the criteria specified in campaign association rules (Step 3 in the screenshot below). As shown, no restriction is applied.
- Required: The contact role must be added prior to the opportunity close date.
To configure automatic campaign influence, navigate to Setup –> Customize –> Campaigns –> Campaign Influence: