A permission set is suited to this scenario as permissions need to be granted (not revoked), and the core functionality of the users assigned to the current profile has not changed. For instance, If the entire inside sales team were to be granted the export reports permission, then you would just update the profile accordingly.
- Setup –> Manage Users –> Permission Sets. Click New.
- Enter label “Export Reports”, Save.
- Search Export Reports, Select Export Reports, Click Edit.
- Check Export Reports, Save.
- Navigate to James Smith’s user record (Setup –> Manage Users –> Users).
- Under Permission Set Assignments, Click Edit Assignments, Add “Export Reports”, Save.
- Login as James. Run a report and verify the permission export details button is present.